Together, we build a secure and trustworthy web with +500 brands
- Management of cookies and consent for monitoring systems, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag, and social media tracking codes (Pixels).
- Implementation of Data Management Platform and Customer Data Platform, such as OneTrust, Segment, and Osano.
- Consultation and documentation for new implementations.
Application of LGPD in Brazil
Fine of up to 2% of the legal entity's revenue in the last fiscal year in Brazil, excluding taxes, limited to R$50 million per violation.
LGPD in the Courts
The number of judicial decisions related to LGPD significantly increased by 81.4% between 2022 and 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to determine if a website complies with LGPD standards?
To verify if a website complies with LGPD standards, it is essential to conduct a compliance audit. During this process, various aspects should be analyzed, including:
- Checking the effectiveness of cookie management, ensuring transparent usage for users, and obtaining consent appropriately.
- Evaluating the clarity and transparency of information provided to users about how their personal data is collected, processed, and used.
- Verifying the presence and effectiveness of opt-in (prior consent) and opt-out (withdrawal of consent) options to ensure users have control over their data processing.
- Reviewing the procedures for data collection, storage, processing, and deletion to ensure compliance with LGPD principles and requirements.
What are the risks of non-compliance with LGPD?
Non-compliance with the General Data Protection Law (LGPD) can pose various risks to organizations, including:
- Substantial fines of up to 2% of the annual company revenue.
- Loss of trust from customers and the public, impacting the organization's image.
- Possible facing of legal actions and payment of damages for material and moral harm.
- Risk of temporary or permanent suspension of data processing activities.
- Potential loss of business opportunities and partnerships due to compliance requirements.
- Possibility of being subject to investigations and audits by competent authorities.
What is the process for implementing identified corrections?
After completing the compliance audit, it is necessary to make the necessary corrections to ensure the website complies with LGPD standards. For this, it is essential to have the support of a team of experts who can assist your organization throughout the adaptation process.
How often is it recommended to conduct an audit?
It is recommended to conduct a compliance audit with LGPD whenever significant changes occur on the website, such as the implementation of new monitoring systems or the addition of new features involving the processing of personal data.
Additionally, periodic audits are important to ensure the website continues to comply with LGPD standards and that the information provided to users is up-to-date. The frequency of audits may vary depending on the type of website and the organization's needs.